easyGRIP™ backing enables Godfrey Hirst carpet tiles to be securely installed, requiring little or no use of traditional floor sealants and adhesives. easyGRIP™ tiles are exceptionally easy to install.
What are the major advantages of easyGRIP™?
- Cost effective compared to traditional adhesive, primer and sealants.
- Little to no time required to prime or seal the subfloor.
- Reduces or eliminates the time for adhesive to tack off.
- Quicker installation compared with other non-adhesive installation systems.
- Little or no residue, reducing the risk of damage to access floors and high quality sub floors.
- No PVC - therefore eliminates any possibility of off-gassing odours.
- No off-gassing odours typically associated with floor sealants and adhesives.
- Easy repositioning or removal of the tiles.
- Lift and replace tiles numerous times without loss of effective adhesion making them ideal for use over raised access flooring.
Where can easyGRIP™ tiles be used?
Godfrey Hirst easyGRIP™ tiles can be used in most commercial facilities.
Subject to proper installation over a suitable subfloor easyGRIP™ technology performs very well in facilities with normal foot traffic loadings and light to medium wheeled traffic. easyGRIP™ is ideally suited for use in typical office, many types of retail, institutional and public space.
NOTE: All installations should be assessed by a professional installation contractor to determine whether and how easyGRIP™ should be utilised to best suit customer requirements and completed in accordance with Godfrey Hirst’s easyGRIP™ installation instructions. Not recommended or guaranteed for use over underlay.
Limitations in the use of easyGRIP™ technology
• In facilities where walls are not flush with the subfloor and areas subject to heavy rolling traffic or on inclined flooring, these areas will require the supplementary use of adhesive or double sided tape.
• Adhesive or double sided tape is also required for tiles that have been cut down to less than 300 mm in size, in accordance with Godfrey Hirst’s installation instructions.
• easyGRIP™ is not designed for use on stairs
• easyGRIP™ is not designed for use in areas subject to moisture exposure.
For further information about easyGRIP™ or any of your carpet needs please contact us.