Godfrey Hirst is proud to be the first and only Australian carpet manufacturer to be able to offer our Godfrey Hirst Commercial 3 R’s (Reclaim - Recycle – Reprocess)* program for all Godfrey Hirst Australia manufactured carpets. We guarantee that all our carpet, broadloom or modular, reclaimed under this program will NOT GO TO LANDFILL.
Once recovered, the product will either be recycled in materials such as our own Enviro Bac®; backing system or be reprocessed in the specialised production of Process Engineered Fuel (PEF).
The potential value of PEF can be realized in two ways:
- The energy replacement value based on the amount of fossil fuel (coal, gas and diesel) displaced by the use of PEF; and
- The carbon and renewable energy benefits that may in turn be accrued via:
- Carbon value from avoided fossil fuel use
- Benefits from avoided emissions from landfill
- Renewable Energy Certificates
All these processes are carried for Godfrey Hirst in Australia; no product will be shipped overseas for recycling or reprocessing.
The Godfrey Hirst Commercial 3 R’s take back program will be offered on a project by project basis. We hope that in the near future, we will be able to help you, help us in diverting any commercial carpet from ending its life in landfill.