Carpet Care - Cleaning Guide
Here are some basic carpet cleaning tips to help you keep your carpet looking good.
- Always blot, never rub or scrub
- Immediately scoop or blot up as much of the spill as possible, working from the outer edge towards the center to avoid spreading
- For most common household stains, treat with warm (not hot ) water
- For wool/wool blends, add one teaspoon of laundry detergent approved for wool and one teaspoon of white vinegar to each litre of warm water.
- Pre-test a small inconspicuous area of the carpet to ensure against damage and possible color change
- Press dry the carpet with clean white cloth or paper towel in between treatments
- Once treated, apply water with a cloth until the carpet no longer feels sticky or soapy, then blot up with a clean white cloth or paper towel
- Place several layers of paper towel or cloth over the cleaned area and place a flat weight on them to absorb remaining moisture
- If unsuccessful, call a professional carpet cleaner immediately.