If you love interior design, this was your week on The Home Team. Filled with fun and creative DIY projects with Leah and some practical landscaping and building advice from Anthony and James. Julia shares some styling tips as the carpet is laid and the finishing touches are made on the kids' bedrooms.
Leah and Julia chose Godfrey Hirst eco+ carpet Dreamview in the colour Dark Shadow. This darker shade is on the neutral side so it doesn't fight for attention with the other elements in the room and makes the feature wallpaper and artworks pop. Furniture, bedding, plants and accessories were used to introduce blue, black and earthy tones in the teen room and turquoise, yellow and pale pastels in the second room.
This grey carpet colour is a great example of how a neutral carpet colour allows you to create completely different looks in different spaces. We can't wait to see how the team styles that master bedroom.
- It is incredibly soft to touch. If you like that soft, lush feeling underfoot, check it out at a Godfrey Hirst retailer.
- It cleans with just cold water - chocolate, mud, red wine, coffee, all of those dreaded household stains can be easily cleaned with water straight from the tap.
- It's made from renewably sourced polymer made from natural corn sugar.
- It is completely pet-friendly and has a pet guarantee to back it up.
- Australian made - as with all Godfrey Hirst carpets it is made right here in Australia.
In the Garden
It was a busy week for Anth installing a deck in the front garden, irrigation system in the back, laying the synthetic lawn and tree planting. The pool fence goes up and Anthony shares some safety tips to keep kids out of the pool zone. James builds the front wall leaving plenty of space in front to create a lovely garden to improve the street appeal of the house.
Tips from Week 6
- Lay the carpet after you’ve painted the room. It will save you time, you won’t have to bother with drop sheets and you will get a professional finish.
- Dark charcoal or grey carpet are neutrals too.
- Hanging wallpaper takes precision, patience, preparation and planning.
- Don’t take advice from friends and family regarding your pool fence. The rules and regulations are often updated so make sure your understand the requirements in your area.